Tumblr

Fall Semester (in part)

For Gary Kelley's blue conceptual illustration assignment, I did a portrait of Alice Roosevelt Longworth. Alice blue is a light or steel blueish-cyanish color that was favored by Alice Roosevelt Longworth, daughter of Theodore Roosevelt. In my view, her wit and her mouth was the most dangerous part of her, especially for her time. I painted her portrait with her mouth covered, like a concealed weapon.



Each year, the illustration seniors put on an exhibit at the end of the year of their thesis work. To advertise for the show they make a themed poster featuring pieces by every senior in the class. In the past five or so years, the seniors have made self-portraits for the poster. This is my submission, combining oil painting and pen drawing.



This summer I had entered the Illustration West 46 Exhibition of the Society of Illustrators LA. Four of the pieces that I sent were accepted! The pieces are: